[thelist] billing software was billing clients

Dragon Vision Design dragon-vision at comcast.net
Sat Sep 14 21:20:13 CDT 2002

I use a database I wrote in Filemaker Pro.  There is a program for
Mac and PC called Timeslips.  Very light weight as far as space goes
and it still fits on a floppy.  You can network both Timeslips and
Filemaker Pro and generally you can customize Filemaker Pro all you
want.

If on Windows and you have Microsoft Access forget it unless you want
to learn a sloppy programming language just to get a file to
calculate hours, dollars and print a nice invoice.

TimeSlips is very time to billable hours oriented and FileMaker Pro
has Billing template built in.  Both have Great reporting and
printing of bills functions already built in.

FileMaker has an added feature for Mac or NT Web servers it can be
told to auto publish data.  It can give you an extra level of
security allow customers to check their bills via the web.