[thelist] IIS equivalent of Apache "Permanent redirect" directive?

Bob Haroche spambait at onpointsolutions.com
Thu Sep 19 11:52:01 CDT 2002

My apologies if this a double post but I didn't see my posting
yesterday nor any replies to it (I assumed the list was temporarily
down). Here's my question again:

All my sites to date have been (share) hosted on Apache servers, where
I use a Redirect permanent directive in my .htaccess file to redirect
requests for deleted/moved/re-named pages to other pages.

I'm now moving one of my accounts to an NT IIS server. Since I can no
longer use a centralized .htaccess file for managing my redirects,
what is the next best thing?

The site in question uses Cold Fusion so I suppose I could place a
bunch of redirect commands in my Application.cfm file. Is that fairly
standard practice?

Note: I don't want to use any client side redirects for this.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Bob Haroche
O n P o i n t  S o l u t i o n s