[thelist] IIS equivalent of Apache "Permanent redirect" directive?

Bob Haroche spambait at onpointsolutions.com
Thu Sep 19 13:06:01 CDT 2002

Great. I think I'll use your technique and place it in my custom 404
page per Robert's suggestion.

> you could use cflocation too, but the meta refresh is better if you
> want search spiders to pick up the change.

Isn't that backwards? Spiders frown upon client side re-direction and
you'd be using CF to output a client side refresh. The spiders might
pick up the change for sure, but they also may also drop the site
altogether as a result.

I would think handling it all via <CFLOCATION> would be more SE
friendly.

Thanks to both you and Robert.

Regards,
Bob Haroche