[thelist] Dynamic Text

Chris W. Parker cparker at swatgear.com
Fri Sep 20 17:42:01 CDT 2002

if i'm not mistunderstanding you, it's called "concatenation".

kahn-cat-teh-nay-shun.

> I need to take the contents of one textbox and add it
> dynamically to the
> text of another probably a text area. I will be using the
> onChange event.
> Can anyone help?

is this javascript? i'm going to assume 'yes'.

seeing as that i don't know much about javascript i can't give you any
code.

but what you need to do is find out how to...

1. get the values of different form elements using javascript.
2. concatenate two values and store that value.
3. display that new concatenated value.
4. subsequently forcefeed that value to a form field.

hth,
chris.