[thelist] Changing HTTP Headers

Mircea Bogdan evolt at personal.ro
Fri Sep 20 20:33:01 CDT 2002

> http://www.xav.com/perl/site/lib/LWP.html : perl module for writing WWW
> requests
> http://www.cis.ohio-state.edu/cgi-bin/rfc/rfc2068.html : the RFC info for
> HTTP Headers
> http://hotwired.lycos.com/webmonkey/99/36/index3a.html?tw=backend : article
> on http headers
>
> Unfortunately you haven't given much info as to what you are trying, other
> than you need to fool a server into thinking that you are not from New
> Zealand which sounds more like an IP spoof than a HTTP header
> alteration.  An anonymous proxy would be your best bet given the (limited)
> information about your "challenge".
>
> It sounds interesting, but that's my overbounding curiosity kicking in.  If
> you can share more info about what you need to do (in specific terms such
> as what they are looking for) I'd love to help.
>
> -benjamin
>
> --

Thanx for the links and info. I think an IP spoof is what I have to do as you
suggested. As for what they are looking for, I have to figure out:))
I've told you before that the only thing that appears in the browser is that
text..(it's a cgi script that returns the so called error)

I'll try with an anonymus proxy and I'll let you know in no time if it works or
not.