[thelist] The Web's future: XHTML 2.0

Timothy J. Luoma lists at tntluoma.com
Sat Sep 21 12:14:01 CDT 2002

Dunstan Orchard wrote:

 > Personally I uses xhtml 1.1 strict for _everything_ I write (since
 > april), I don't see the point in not doing so.

Many browsers can't yet follow same-page links set to ID but can follow
links with <a name=...> so that's why I still use XHTML 1.0 strict,
unless I'm making a Sidebar/Panel which needs 'target' then I use 1.0 loose.

Since the Sidebars are (primarily) for recent versions of Opera and
Mozilla (although they work in any browser that can grok HTML) I don't
worry much... I can't see either Mozilla or Opera dropping XHTML
1.0-Transitional support for a long time ;-)

TjL

--
30 Days to becoming an Opera Lover
                                  http://www.tntluoma.com/opera/lover/