[thelist] IIS talk to Exchange

BT Bigpant bigpant at btinternet.com
Mon Sep 23 18:24:01 CDT 2002

Not having had the opportunity or resources to learn Exchange server on
my development setup, I am in need of some expert advice.

I have written an intranet system (PHP/MySQL) which sits on a dedicated
web server (IIS on Win 2K). This server is a node on the main network,
which also runs Win 2k. The main server runs Exchange and the intranet
is accessed via http://main_server/web_server/intranet_folder.

Some of my scripts need to send email out, but I don't know how to make
IIS on the web server talk to Exchange on the main server. I can't even
play around with it much, as I have to VNC into the main server, then
VNC into the web server from there, all on a 56K modem - it would take
hours even if I knew my way around =:o

I have some scripts that talk emulate an SMTP server, but I would still
need to configure Exchange accordingly. => I might as well figure out
IIS to Exchange connectivity and make the scripts as simple as possible.

If anyone can help, I would really appreciate it.
TIA
Phil Parker
bigpant at btinternet.com