[thelist] Perl/CGI help

Andrew Moore amoore at mooresystems.com
Wed Sep 25 00:00:01 CDT 2002

On Tue, Sep 24, 2002 at 09:58:35PM -0400, Kevin B. O'Brien wrote:
> At 04:18 PM 9/24/2002 -0500, Andrew Moore said something remarkably like
> >I'll bet not, but I bet there's a 'use diagnostics' in there.
>
> Ah, yes there is. If I put a "#" in front of it, does that comment it out?

yeah, and it will keep those warnings from showing up.
(they are just warnings) but it may be better to fix
the underlying problems.

I think that that script uses cgi-lib, which problably
emits warnings when it runs, so they may be coming from
there.

If you're not really anal, you may just comment out your
'use diagnostics' and agree that out of sight = out of mind.

-Andy