[thelist] e-commerce resources

Judah McAuley judah at wiredotter.com
Wed Sep 25 12:04:00 CDT 2002

Katherine Evans wrote:
> I'd also love to hear about any tools and prebuilt
> componants out there that I could use, and how difficult
> they are to integrate into a cohesive site.

I've just started using X-Cart (www.x-cart.com) it's a php/mysql type
system.  I'm using it even though I'm a ColdFusion kind of guy.  It's
got a pretty decent templating system that I was able to explain to a
non-tech person fairly quickly and she was able to make it look the way
she wanted by and large.

The actual shopping-cart part of it looks quite good and the system only
took me about 2 hours to set up including learning how to set up PHP and
MySQL under Win2K.

The biggest downside I've seen is that the documentation is pretty
nonexistant.  This hasn't been a problem for me, but it might be for others.

Judah