[thelist] &

Stevenson Ngila Stevenson at epr.footman-walker.com
Fri Sep 27 04:27:02 CDT 2002

I have a database driven intranet.The data come from the DB, and it's the
user who feed the DB hence can not
control user from using '&'. Is there  a way of escaping this character if
the data comes from the DB and uses coldfussion to generate my XML document?
I have researched all over on the  internet but have not gotten an
appropriate explaination. It tells me to use '&' but this data comes
from the DB, how can i pick all '&' and trasform them in to '&'.

Please assist, it's this discussion i mostly rely on in terms of knowledge

Thanks,
Stevenson Ngila
Footman-Walker Associates Ltd
http://www.footman-walker.co.uk