[thelist] HTML List?

Chris W. Parker cparker at swatgear.com
Fri Sep 27 16:33:03 CDT 2002

<snip />
> The basic layout is a main table with three "column" cells
> and two "gutter"
> cells dividing them. Each "column" cell  contains a table to
> control the
> contents vertically - one column tables.

if what you are describing in it's most basic farm (sans visual
stylings) is this...

...just remove the nested tables since they are only holding a graphic.

> The first column cell worked just fine. The second column
> cell starts with a
> jpg at the top - except it won't go to the top of the cell.
> It stubbornly
> goes to the vertical middle of the cell. I tried align="top"
> in the img src
> tag and valign="top" in the td tag, etc to no avail (so I
> took them out).

you need to make sure the outer <td> is vertically aligned, <td
valign="top">. otherwise the nested table--if vertically smaller than
the <td> it is contained within--will align itself to the middle
vertically.

make sense?

> Second problem is that the jpg won't show up at all and
> neither will the gif
> below it. Following is the code for that column cell. If you
> think you need
> to see the page, I'll try to find somewhere online to put it.

please do try and find somewhere online to put it.

hth,
chris.