[thelist] FW: Anyone seen this before?

Tony Crockford tonyc at boldfish.co.uk
Fri Sep 27 17:36:06 CDT 2002

> I've gotten a few of these. But I have no idea whether its
> human made or a
> virus.

A bit more research suggests it might be one of the distribution methods
of Klez.

I looked at the headers and the message originated from:

So I'll start by emailing jmyers7.....

to make amends, a tip (recycled)

<tip author="anon" subject="fonts for design mockups"

If you want to show a client a design in a font you don't have, but will
buy if they commission your design, try this:

at http://www.myfonts.com/ you can test drive fonts, e.g.
http://www.myfonts.com/Testdrive?id=62151 you can type a short phrase,
see the result in the font of your choice and do a screen grab to paste
into your photoshop mock up.

when the client says "excellent stuff, we shall proceed", you then buy
the font.

unethical? maybe, but the font won't get bought unless you're going to
use it, so you'd think they'd see it as advertising?

ymmv

</tip>