[thelist] Font Size

Karen J. Bowen lists at miinx.com.au
Fri Sep 27 23:06:00 CDT 2002

Marc Seyon wrote:

> <basefont> anyone?
> Yeah, it's deprecated but she did say she's just doing a "sketch" not so?

oooooo - good one Marc, I'd forgotten that.

And according to (my offline version of) the HTML Tag List, it's HTML
3.2, so supported by most of the earlier browsers, especially the 'size'
attribute.

so

<basefont size="3" face="arial,verdana" color="black">

* Attribute SIZE
Set the default size of the text in the document. The valid range is 1 -
7. The default is 3.  When using the FONT element to change the size
with a relative value, eg <FONT size="+2">, the new size is relative to
the size specified here.

* Attribute FACE
Set the default font of the document. You can use the same syntax as
with the FACE attribute of the FONT element.  You can supply more than
one name, delimited by a comma. The browser will use the first font of
the list which is available.

* Attribute COLOR
Set the default color of the text in the document.

Netscape 3 & 4 only support the SIZE attribute, while IE 3 & 4 support
all three attrib's.

Karen
-------
Miinx Design & Development