[thelist] Js change mailto

fstorr fffrancis at fstorr.demon.co.uk
Sat Sep 28 11:41:04 CDT 2002

One thing I would suggest is something like this:

function formcheck()
{
  if (!document.forms["letter1"].useragent.checked)
  {
    document.forms["letter1"].action="mailto:normal at foo.com";
    return;
  }
document.forms["letter1"].action="mailto:urgent at foo.com";
}

This saves you on the else clause. Its picky I know, but someone once
told me this was the "proper" way to do things (I believe he had a C
background)..anyway, I liked the idea and use it myself - its merely a
suggestion.

Hi Tom

Thanks for that - I knew there'd be a way to get rid of the else bit.
Cheers.

Another question:  How can I alter a link in that form?  I've got this:

	document.links["addresscheck"].href="mailto:urgent at foo.com";

Which works fine in NS but doesn't want to play in IE.  I'm playing with
instead of changing the action of the form to changing the value of a
link.

Cheers