[thelist] Expired Domain Name

Timothy J. Luoma lists at tntluoma.com
Sat Sep 28 15:43:01 CDT 2002

Kevin wrote:

> I am interested in buying a certain domain name. The ownership of the domain
> expired a few days ago, but I am unable to register it.
>
> Is there anything that can be done to release the domain name for
> registration?

Nope... and if it's a desirable domain, they may hold it until they get
a really good offer for it.

The system is broken.  I saw a domain listed for $6,000 the other day,
and I know others go for even more.  So we have a bunch of domains being
wasted by vultures just looking to make a profit on reselling them.

TjL

--
30 Days to becoming an Opera Lover
                                        http://www.tntluoma.com/switch