[thelist] [SOLVED] mac/ie background image problem

Nik Schramm n at industriality.com
Sun Sep 29 07:52:01 CDT 2002

On 29.Sep.02 12:43 Bertilo Wennergren wrote

[ snipped a lot of really good and apt comments ]

Hear hear. I can't see how anything but standards compliant coding is
supposed to be the way forward and I strongly disagree with the original
assumption that it is any easier to code "complex layouts" by forcing IE
into quirks mode. Au contraire, if you code to a strict Doctype, or at
least one that sends a browser into standards mode, chances are much
greater that your page will render in a similar way in both IE and
Mozilla. Remember: I said greater, not 100%.

--
/nik