[thelist] anyone know a good (cough free cough) tool for making image backgrounds transparent?

Frank framar at interlog.com
Mon Sep 30 20:00:01 CDT 2002

On Monday, September 30, 2002, 1:00:39 AM, you said:
T> (Unfortunately I only have the LE version of Photoshop that came with my
T> digicam, and the wife will definitely NOT allow me to spent a month's
T> mortgage on the full version ;-)

Does the light version support layers? If so, put your image
above a transparent layer, and delete from the image layer
that which you wish to be transparent. If you save it as a
gif, that which is invisible in your .psd will be
transparent in the gif.

That is, of course if the light edition supports layers, and
exporting to gifs.

*ahem* (withdrawing real quite like right about now...)

--
Frank Marion
Tel. 416 825 7488
framar at interlog.com