[thelist] anyone know a good (cough free cough) tool for making image backgrounds transparent?

Benjamin C. Varadi bvaradi at nlcnet.org
Mon Sep 30 21:23:32 CDT 2002

if this is for a one shot deal, JASC Paint Shop Pro has a free 30-day trial
and is fabulous (at least, it was from versions 3-5 or so, when I gained
access to the Adobe product, & decided to use it for "industry standard"
cred. I'm sure it's still good, though the site suggests an added
"user-friendliness" that makes me suspicious).

As I recall (and again, this is from a while back), it had all the
functionality of Photoshop... but costs like $100.

-BEN