[thelist] Design: Inspiration?

Viveka listmail2 at karmanaut.com
Mon Sep 30 22:21:01 CDT 2002

At 10:36 PM -0400 30/9/02, Frank wrote:
>Where (on-line) do you go to find images that inspire you for new
>designs? I often find that if I have an image, or something
>to start me off, that it's easier to come up with my own
>original work, it's the getting started that's hard.
>
>In this case, I'm particularly interested in beautiful
>imagery rather than cool functionality.

Personally I find going outside, e.g. to the beach is very effective.

But if the big blue room is too far to go try this free image &
texture database:

http://www.imageafter.com/

Also

http://gimp-savvy.com/PHOTO-ARCHIVE/index.html

The nice thing about these is if you find a particular image
inspiring, you're free to use it in your work.

In particular, go to:

http://gimp-savvy.com/cgi-bin/unindexed.cgi

This will give you 25 random unindexed images. This could help you
find inspiration, and also you can give back to the project by adding
index terms to the unindexed images.

Regards,

V.
--