[thelist] emailing a newsletter

Andrew Maynes andrew at humanbehaviour.co.uk
Wed Oct 2 07:40:01 CDT 2002

Hi All

I have just found out that PostCast Server limits sending emails from outlook to
50 recipients!  Which is odd considering they specify that the server sends at
speed 3,500 an hour!

Can anyone recommend some free software that can send out a plain text email to
around 2-4k recipients.  It is a weekly newsletter that subscription where made
whilst ordering a product.  So they have chosen to receive it.  Likewise they
can unsubscribe.

I dont think the hosting company for this site allows bulk mail through their
server so my original plan of using php with the MySQL DB has been thwarted
  So I will need to extrat the list from MySQL and use something else??

Any ideas on how to proceed?

Many thanks

Andrew
---