[thelist] Server problems.......

Ditty, Chris - Memphis, TN CDitty at email.usps.gov
Wed Oct 2 09:10:01 CDT 2002

Hello all.  One of my visitors says they are having problems accessing my sites.
I have tested and checked everything I can think of, and I can't find any
problem.  The user can actually access the site, but when they click on a link
for another page, it times out.

I have asked them to do a traceroute and ping the server and both of those come
back looking fine.  No high ping times and no timeouts.  I have asked the user
to try accessing my site from another machine, but he insists nothing is wrong
on his end since "I can get to all the other sites on the internet with no
problem".  He has even gone as far as to contact his ISP for them to check.
Same problem.  He now wants me to call them and troubleshoot with them.

Anyhow, can anyone suggest anything or any ideas?  He doesn't seem to want to
take my suggestions and try another machine because he thinks it is my fault.
Also, if anyone has a minute, try hitting http://www.redhotsweeps.com/ &
http://www.toylandtoys.com/ and let me know if there are any connection issues.

thanks

Chris