[thelist] Illustrator color shift

Kathy Long kathy at site-etc.com
Thu Oct 3 00:10:01 CDT 2002

Good questions, Chris, and I should have mentioned that I already checked
them all out. We are both on Macs. I use a Studio Vision which was rated as
the top graphics monitor on the market, so I take pride in at least thinking
that mine sets the standard. It has been calibrated and we compared gammas
and colour spaces. We match. What's different is he is using Illustrator 8
and I'm in 9. He's also working in a dark room and I have a lot of ambient
light. That accounts for part of it, but not all. I closed my curtains and
still didn't see what he was seeing.

Interestingly, he sent me a new file tonight and this time when I opened it
directly in ImageReady, the color was beautiful. I needed to change
something in Illustrator, so I opened it there, made a change, and then
re-opened it in ImageReady. The color shifted, so just having Illustrator
touch it messed it up again.

Kathy