[thelist] Font Sizes

miinx lists at miinx.com.au
Fri Oct 4 13:37:00 CDT 2002

Tom Dell'Aringa wrote:

> Just one small thing - and I agree there is no "right" answer on this
> - but I use base font set to 80% and style ems accordingly.
>
> Many people have stated this is a no-go for mac users, but as Geoff
> stated this isn't really true. Check out this screen shot from a Mac
> IE 5.0 with text set to normal:

yeah, but Geoff has told me that he has his text set at factory default
16px... which is my point again, that those who've decreased the default
(and some do, and some don't) will possibly be unable to read it.

I guess the one thing we all agree on is that there are always going to
be exceptions...  again, as Geoff brilliantly said, "It is up to the
designer / developer to choose which downside they are willing to
accept."  I really like that quote.

cheers,
Karen
-------