[thelist] XML parsing

Brian W King bking at impact-technologies.com
Mon Oct 7 11:43:01 CDT 2002

Personally speaking, I try to always follow Option 2 formatting.  Some of
the systems that I have to code around inherently interpret nested tags as
parent and child, whereas I would have to set the receiving system up so
that it understood option #1.  Not all parsers are created with all of the
compliance parsing information in them.  If they are just simply importing
data for a specific reason, why go through the expense of paying someone to
code in all of the bells and whistles unless you needed them.  I guess I am
trying to say that I see simple parsers use option two inherently, more
often than option 1.

Brian