[thelist] hosting 3 sites on one server on one IP address

Rex Vincent J. Aglibot rex at gordiansystems.com
Mon Oct 7 21:33:01 CDT 2002

I have IIS 4 running on NT 4... I have 3 sites on it with the ff DNS:

site1  10.10.10.11
site2  10.10.10.21
site3  10.10.10.31

in a web browser, if i type in site1 or site2 or site3, it'll go to the appropriate site... same thing happens when you
type in the IP... this is all on one machine, on my local network...all running locally...

externally, I have three domain names (domain1.com, domain2.com and domain3.com) pointing to my static IP... so in a web
browser at home, I can type in my domain and it'll go to my router... same thing if I type in my static IP address...

I set my router to do IP forwarding to 10.10.10.11, so if I type in my static IP or domain*.com in a web browser, out
pops "site1"... that's externally... i do that at home...

here's my question:  what do I do so that from my house (or anywhere for that matter) if i type in domain1.com, it goes
to site1 locally, if i type in domain2.com, it'll go to site2, and so on...

I know that this can be done in Linux and Win2K web servers, because I have seen different sites with diff. domain names
pointing to the same IP address...

There must be a setting in the management console or something... I dunno...

any help is gladly appreciated... thanks!