[thelist] Client wants to update page content

Richard McFarland rlmcfarland at attbi.com
Wed Oct 9 11:10:00 CDT 2002

Hello, all.

I recently developed a site for a restaurant:

http://www.nellsrestaurant.com

The owner/chef is eager to be able to update various pages (such as menu)
himself. He is not very tech-savvy, but doesn't want to have to pay me
forever to update frequently-changing data.

I know there are a myriad of server-side solutions for this, but there is no
budget right now for developing any of them. One suggestion that has been
made is to install a WYWIWYG html editor on his machine, teach him how to
get the pages he wants to edit via FTP, and then re-put them when he's done.
Of course, he could always edit the html file itself in a text editor but
that make me pretty nervous, given his knowledge level.

I've also run across a couple of web-based content editors (WebEdit and
editace, for example). Anyone had any experience with this sort of thing?

richard
--
Richard McFarland (rlmcfarland at attbi.com)
206-378-6942

--"The more you learn, the more there is to learn."--