[thelist] Live Credit Card Authorization Resources?

Frank framar at interlog.com
Wed Oct 9 12:47:01 CDT 2002

I'm doing research for a quote. I know this has been
discussed in the past, but I don't seem to have the magic
keywords to find it in the archives

A client has all the merchant accounts to deal with Visa,
MC, Amex and Diners. He want's real time credit card
authorization with the companies in question. i.e. The user
inputs the CC data, the company, say Visa, approves or
denies the request in real time before the order can be
completed.

I'm running 4.5.1 on RH Linux, so that would make a
difference if CFX are used.

Where can I find resources on using Cold Fusion to interact
with such systems?  Basically, I would like to know what's
available technically, and it's limitations, as well as any
policy issues and costs that might be involved.

Thanks.

--
Frank Marion
Tel. 416 825 7488