[thelist] Re: Submitting to Search Engines

Neil Lee neil at N0SP4M.thenonsuchcom
Fri Oct 11 08:22:09 CDT 2002

> Actually the schedule seems to be a bit accelerated because the googlebot
> has been visiting me regularly over the last few days.

One thing that Google has been doing (which is very cool, I think) is if the
spider finds a site that has consistently changing front page content (like
a newspaper's homepage, or a weblog) it adds the site to a special list of
sites it spiders every day.

The home page for my personal site is usually crawled every day; the
/entire/ site is recrawled once a month. If you check google results, the
sites that it crawls often have a "Fresh!" label, with the last date crawled
(usually one day earlier).

Yet another reason to keep them homepages fresh and updated!

Neil
---
Slumming at the beatnikPad : http://www.beatnikpad.com/
Working at theNonsuch: http://reblog.thenonsuch.com/