[thelist] Good PHP/MySQL book?

Timothy J. Luoma lists at tntluoma.com
Fri Oct 11 18:28:01 CDT 2002

<cite class="title">PHP and MySQL Web Development</cite> by <cite
class="author">Luke Welling</cite> and <cite class="author">Laura
Thomson</cite> seems to be a book that a lot of folks have liked.

I have it and it seems to be v.good, but I just haven't had the time to
devote to reading it lately.

The problem with a lot of PHP books and tutorials is that many of them
were written with the expectation that register_globals would be ON and
it is now OFF by default, and there are some new ways (4.2.x and later,
I think) to reference variables.

So I wrote a PHP script on one server running 4.02 and it failed on
another running 4.22 or whatever.

Anyway, just something of which to be aware.

TjL

--
The homepage is the place where,
when you have to go there,