[thelist] [Usability] Cancel button in forms (typically CMS related)

Michael Kimsal michael at tapinternet.com
Sat Oct 12 06:14:01 CDT 2002

Abhay S. Kushwaha wrote:

>But I want to know what the general trend these days is.
>What is your opinion about it?

We normally implement the same or similar buttons for the 'safety' reasons
you described above.  What we don't do, and what I have thought are
stupid buttons since 1996 are the form 'reset' buttons.  They're usually
right next to 'submit', and don't ask for confirmation, they just
delete everything you've put in to the form.

I wonder how many sales have been lost due to stupidly placed 'RESET'
buttons.