[thelist] How to prevent web site piracy & copyright infringement?

PXL Transmitter transmitter at pixel-industries.com
Sat Oct 12 11:48:00 CDT 2002

Hello,

Web designers, editors, authors, publishers etc. should have the ability to
decide if they wish to protect their web site content.

As the author and publisher of a web site. I wish to have the possibility to
include a meta-tag on my web pages for example which prevents browsers to
view the source code and the links on my web pages. Web site visitors would
only see the top level-domain of the appropriate web site. This meta tag
would make browsers a "read-only" application such as the Adobe Acrobat PDF
format.

As with PDF documents and Macromedia flash files, the viewer does not have
the ability to have a closer insight on *how* the layout has been formatted.
Besides, users do not have the possibility to select text information of a
document.

I believe, web site authors and publishers should have the right to decide
weather they wish to keep their web pages "open-source" or not.

Some web site design and its development requires a notable amount of time
and know-how to be produced. This time and effort which has been
investigated belongs entirely to the intellectual property of the designer,
producer, editor, internet application developer, IT company etc.

The current browser standards do not offer *any* security issues for
authors, publishers, artists and other companies to protect their content in
order to prevent web site piracy and copyright infringements.

I would be inerested to hear your opinions on this subject.

graphically yours,

Marc Kleín - PXL Operator

Pixel:Industries                            PXL Design Portal
The art of visual communication             http://www.pixel-industries.com