[thelist] How to prevent web site piracy & copyright infringe ment?

Joel Canfield joel at spinhead.com
Sat Oct 12 11:59:01 CDT 2002

> Web designers, editors, authors, publishers etc. should have
> the ability to decide if they wish to protect their web site content.

Should, yes. And if you create your entire site dynamically on the server
and send only plain HTML to the browser, no one will be able to suss your
amazing and proprietary advances in the field of web design.

[ . . . ]

> The current browser standards do not offer *any* security
> issues for authors, publishers, artists and other companies
> to protect their content in order to prevent web site piracy
> and copyright infringements.
>
> I would be inerested to hear your opinions on this subject.

I think it's just as likely as printing companies devising a way to prevent
the photocopying of copyrighted material in books or magazines, or, more
immediately, as likely as the music and video industry creating an effective
way to prevent unauthorised duplication of copyrighted artistic endeavours.

If we're going to dream, instead of dreaming about how we prevent theft,
let's dream about a world where no one would even consider it . . .

joel

--
Joel D Canfield
Know Your Music    http://EGBDF.info