[thelist] on MySQL and password()

Nickolay Kolev nmkolev at uni-bonn.de
Sat Oct 12 17:36:00 CDT 2002

Hi all,

This one has got me scratching my head...

I do enter with phpmyadmin a string and use the password function
on it... How do I get the value of the string back? Or better, how
do I compare user input to that value...?

I thought this would work and form what I have read it should work
(providing the field where the string is entered is called "pass"):

"... where pass = password('$inputted_var')!"

Even if I do enter the value directly as a parameter in the
password function it plain doesn't work...

What am I doing wrong?

Many thanks in advance,
nmk