[thelist] Intranets and proprietary code

Jay Blanchard jay.blanchard at niicommunications.com
Mon Oct 14 07:18:00 CDT 2002

[snip]
I think the idea is to plan for the future. You never know if the CEO might,
at some point, say, "Let's open up this section of our Intranet to our
clients." (Which, of course, happens all too often.)
[/snip]

Ditto ...

Including any intranet web application we strive to use sound server-side
technology, cross-browser (even though we are currently IE in house Moz is
being heavily considered for some upcoming changes) compatible Javascript
where needed, and recommendations (they are not "standards" folks, but we
need to get them there)based mark-up. By doing this we haved COA when the
CEO says something like that above.

Jay