[thelist] creating two-dimensional timetable in ASP/SQLServer

Jon Haworth jhaworth at witanjardine.co.uk
Tue Oct 15 11:22:00 CDT 2002

>>>  this sounds almost like a gannt chart
>>
>> a what?
>
> a chart with lines stretched across a time scale,
> representing the duration of an activity from start to end

"A guess written down as a Gannt chart is still a guess"

(can't remember who said it, I probably saw it on usenet somewhere, but I've
used it several times since)

<tip type="project planning>
Joel Spolsky has an excellent way to plan your software development
projects, which even provides a workround for when $PHB decides to adjust
your estimates:
http://joelonsoftware.com/articles/fog0000000245.html
</tip>

Cheers