[thelist] [OT] upgrading Mac from OS9 to OSX, thoughts?

Kimberly Carroll kimberly.carroll at art.com
Tue Oct 15 13:14:01 CDT 2002

My best advice is to install OSX as a clean install, not an upgrade to
9.
The instructions for 'upgrade' and the tech notes do not adequately
explain the risks on the 'upgrade'.

I upgraded one of my machines from 9 to 10 and all was well for a week.
Then I had a kernel meltdown and nearly lost everything.

My other installs were done by backing up everything to CD and then
installing a clean version of 10.
No problems since.

Kimberly