[thelist] Email client for Macs

Chris George chrisg at gsnet.com
Wed Oct 16 18:55:01 CDT 2002

Hi Nan -

Which version of the Mac OS are they using?  There aren't very many
quality choices for OSes pre-OS X.  Although, I used Outlook Express of
a number of years under OS 9.x without any problems (it's actually a
fairly stable, capable app!). And it's got pretty much the same
concepts and menus as the PC version, which might be easier for you
(although, in regards to usability, take the fact that it's similar to
the PeeCee version with a grain of salt. :-)

If they're running OS 10.1.x then I'd suggest the included Mail
program.  It's free and quite capable as well. And very straightforward
to set up. (I use this version at home)

OS 10.2 (Jaguar) has a new version of Mail that adds a tonne of new
features including an amazingly effective Spam filter.  Still 'free'.
(I use this version at work)

Anyway - those are your options. The e-mail wouldn't be as long if you
could ahve supplied a bit more information with your original question.
:-)

Hope that helps,

Chris.