[thelist] Images in liquid design

aardvark roselli at earthlink.net
Wed Oct 16 22:41:01 CDT 2002

> From: Djinn <djinn at darkdesigns.org>
>
> So, I've found it's one thing to try to create a liquid design, but
> once you put an image in it, what do you do? If you don't specify the
> image size, you get a distorted image. If you specify the image size,
> your page design is thrown off by the image.
[...]

you should always specify an image size... avoid using % for an image
size, since NN4.x won't display the image...

instead, try to create an image with edges that drop off to flat
color (to match a background color), that blend with a background
image, that tile, or that can be moved around without requiring pixel-
perfect precision...

same goes for the design...

further commetnary within this article:
	Liquid Design for the Web