[thelist] <ol> CSS problems in IE

shawn allen shawn at alterior.net
Sat Oct 19 21:31:00 CDT 2002

quoth Gregory Wostrel:
> Well that is a big "duh". No I had not tried, like a dope. I was stuck
> insisting that it should work associated with the <ol> which follows
> logic. Of course making a separate <div> does it. Now, of course, can
> I make the linespacing between elements in the list a little bigger
> than the linespacing within the elements? That seems to be a little
> stickier.

Try giving the <li>'s a margin or padding. And WRT the borders issue,
Mozilla and IE indent lists differently: Mozilla uses padding, IE uses
margin. If you want to apply a border to the whole list, try this:

ol {
	margin: 0;
	padding: 2em;
	border: 1px solid #ccc;
}

> http://www.gwcreative.com/working/weekapaug/directions.html

Of course, it looks like you've got it figure out already, but this
should eliminate that unnecessary div :)

--
shawn allen
  e: shawn at alterior.net
  p: 415 577 3961