[thelist] Rotating images with ASP

aardvark roselli at earthlink.net
Sun Oct 20 09:20:01 CDT 2002

> From: "Craig" <cd-ml at aardvark.net.au>
[...]

nice sub-domain....

> Is it possible to call an ASP page that would return an image?
>
> For example, I want to be able to insert the image with:
> <.img src="image.asp?img=images/bglogo.gif">
> or even:
> <.img src="image.asp"> and it would show the image from the html page.

yes, you can, provided you return the correct content-type/MIME-type
header... and you'll need to test it, too...

but you're better off calling it via an ASP variable embedded in the
page...

> I want a sort of image rotator.
>
> I need to be able to call the image.asp file from normal .htm pages.
[...]

ahhh...

well, give it a shot... seriously, if you create the script and run
it with the right headers, you'll know whether or not it works...

--
Read the evolt.org case study
Usability: The Site Speaks for Itself