[thelist] ASP.net and web services

Norman Beresford n.beresford at anansi.co.uk
Sun Oct 20 11:32:01 CDT 2002

Hi all

I've written a really simple application using ASP.net and the google search
API.  All it does is take the values of three input fields, searches google
for each value, and then uses the search results to rank the three values
(something similar to googlefight).  The problem I've got is that it works
fine when I run it on IIS on my home machine, but when I move it to our
actual webserver it breaks.  The error message it's generating is:

"The underlying connection was closed: An unexpected error occurred on a
send."

Has anyone got any ideas?

Norman