[thelist] Is there a windows MP3 player that logs what's bein g listened to?

David.Cantrell at Gunter.AF.mil David.Cantrell at Gunter.AF.mil
Mon Oct 21 14:43:01 CDT 2002

>Subject says it all really:
>Is there a windows MP3 player that logs what's being listened to?

There's also winamp.py, a Python interface to Winamp. I don't think it works
quite the way you intend, but off the cuff I'd say you could use it as a
library, get the filename of the song being played, then use a modification
of Mark Pilgrim's example MP3Info class at
http://www.diveintopython.org/fileinfo_divein.html#fileinfo.divein.

Even better, google says there's an open-source ID3 tag reader in Python:
http://id3-py.sourceforge.net/

HTH,
-dave