[thelist] PHP - Email comes to a central server, then is re-routed by zip c ode or city. How do I do this?

Hassan Schroeder hassan at webtuitive.com
Mon Oct 21 18:29:01 CDT 2002

/

/
> The form is a php form.

? So do you mean the form's in a PHP-generated page that submits
using `mailto` or is it submitted to a program on the web server
that mails it to the client?

If the latter, that program could easily parse the form data and
send the mail to whoever based on the ZIP.

OTOH, if you're trying to re-route actual email, you could use
procmail, or initially send the email to an account with a .forward
file pointed at a simple php/perl/sh script to parse and forward.

HTH!
Hassan Schroeder ----------------------------- hassan at webtuitive.com
                   ---     dream.  code.    ---