[thelist] emailing dynamically generated form results using php

Dunstan Orchard dunstan at 1976design.com
Tue Oct 22 08:10:01 CDT 2002

Hi there,

I have a checkout page which pulls a user's purchases from a shopping cart
mysql table and displays them prior to submission.

The checkout page consists of input form elements for them to enter their
details, and a table below that where their choices are rendered row by row
along with input boxed for them to input the number of each item they want to
purchase.

eg.

-------------------------------
Name: _________
Email: _________
Tel: _________

Images:

#13 Number of A4 prints: _________  Number of A3 prints: _________
#26 Number of A4 prints: _________  Number of A3 prints: _________
#74 Number of A4 prints: _________  Number of A3 prints: _________

SUBMIT

This form is emailed to me on submission.

What I'm stuck on is how do I write all their image choices and the number of
prints of these images to an email?

If the choices were fixed then it wouldn't be a problem, but the user could
choose any of 1000 images to buy and any combination of prints. How do I pass
all their choices to the email script and write it in?

Is it going to be an array?
I don't know very much about arrays :o(

thanks for any help you can offer - dunstan