[thelist] Webhosting / Port Forwarding

Michael Pemberton mpember at phreaker.net
Wed Oct 23 02:54:00 CDT 2002

Robert Goodyear wrote:

>I use EasyDNS, which will allow domain cloaking to an
>oddball port assignment if needed. Only problem is
>that this oddball port may be blocked on the client
>side, like you describe.

I was using dns2go until they moved over to a paid plan.  Then i bit the
bullet and paid for a net.au domain. ($AU88 was the best rate I could
find without signing away my soul).

>There's a great Win utility called Detour that will do
>the true port reflection you desire. Do you have a
>friend anywhere that can drop the utility on their
>server for you?

I'm currently using various port forwarding setups internally (mainly
via my winroute server).  The problem is the restrictions but in place
by the ISPs here ins the great land of down under.  They say that there
if you want to host a server, you have top pay their "business" (aka:
double pay) plans.  This means that none of my mates are able to host
the port for me.

>If not, contact me offlist, I might have a spare IP
>addr I could loan you to reflect off of.
>
>Best,
>
>Robert Goodyear.

If you do have a spare IP you could lend me, I'd be interested in
testing it to see what does / doesn't work.

--
Michael Pemberton
mpember at phreaker.net
ICQ: 12107010