[thelist] [EMAIL]

Benjer futureweb at macmail.com
Wed Oct 23 04:13:00 CDT 2002

>Maxwell Kanat-Alexander:
> On the page where people sign up for your email, they
> can choose between Plain Text and HTML.

Unfortunately this is out of our hands - as is often the case,
the email will be designed then given to the client to send out.

>Madhu Menon:
>The problem usually isn't with email clients not understanding HTML. It's
>with email clients that don't understand ALL HTML. ;)

Often the problem lies with corporate networks (or users) not allowing any
HTML in emails so at least the multi-part message will be readable and not a
complete mess.

Thanks for all the input, we are going to use a basic HTML layout, with as
little imagery as possible to cut down on bandwith - emails are for reading
after all and not design masterpieces.

Ben