[thelist] updating db after user alters shopping basket amounts

Dunstan Orchard dunstan at 1976design.com
Wed Oct 23 10:15:01 CDT 2002

Hi there,

If I print out a list of items in a user's shopping cart and allow him to
update the amount of each item he wants, how can I write this back into the
database?

If it was just one item then on submission of the form I'd just update where
$productId = productId, but how do you do that when you never know how many
items he might have in the cart?

For example, this image here http://www.1976design.com/testarea/example.gif
shows a user's shopping cart... he is able to update the amount of each
product he wants, and then hit update for the changes to be saved back to the
database.

I am clueless as to how to achieve this update :o(

Any advice? It's PHP/MYSQL.

Thanks ever so much (could you cc me please?)

- dunstan