[thelist] XHTML Valid Jump Menu

Saila, Craig Craig.Saila at bgminteractive.com
Thu Oct 24 12:22:01 CDT 2002

I admire your passion for this, but believe it or not, it's not "wrong".
It may not accessible, it may not be proper, it may not be advisable, it
may not be a lot of things, but, AFAIK, it's not wrong.

Believe it or not, there are people in the world that don't have access
to back-end services that would allow them to do a "proper" form.

Using JavaScript is a /reasonable/ alternative to offer form
functionality. And specifying action="#" allows a page to validate --
and it doesn't use the javascript: pseudo protocol. Besides, its shorter
than including the page URL, and adding a "return false" to the script.

--
Cheers,

Craig Saila