[thelist] [Slightly OT] Can't view source in IE

Rogr Ly rogerly at bareviking.com
Thu Oct 24 15:05:01 CDT 2002

OK, so this is slightly OT (only slightly since I am need to be able to

Anyways, all of the sudden, my IE 6.0.2800.1106 on Win2K won't let me
from both the context-menu and the browser menu itself, but nothing
happens.  There isn't any
"I've-written-JavaScript-so-you-can't-see-my-source" code on the pages I
am trying to debug (even http://www.yahoo.com is failing me).

Searching Google hasn't helped much, and neither have these MSDN
articles:
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;Q154168
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;Q179829
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;Q203592

Up until yesterday, it has been happily using Notepad to view the source
of pages, but now when I choose to do so, nothing happens, no errors,
nothing.  I rebooted my machine, and it worked for a bit, but suddenly
stopped again.

We've been having weird problems like this here, on and off.  One of our
employees hasn't been able to View Source for months now, another one
just started experiencing the problem recently.

Anyone have any experience with this?

Thanks,

Roger