[thelist] [Slightly OT] Can't view source in IE

Ray Hill lists at prydain.com
Thu Oct 24 15:12:07 CDT 2002

> all of the sudden, my IE 6.0.2800.1106 on Win2K won't let me
> itself, but nothing happens.

This has happened to me before, too.  I don't even know how it eventually
goes away, but it appears to come and go.  You might try deleting your
temporary internet files, though.  That's how I figured out how to fix the
recurring problem with gifs and jpgs only wanting to save as bitmaps.  I
have no idea why it works, but it does.

In the meantime, though, if you really have to get at the source and don't
mind a jury-rig, you can always paste the URL in question into WebScissors.
It's a tool built for WebTV users (who otherwise have no way of viewing
source), but it works well enough on computers as well:
http://www.webscissors.com/

--ray